Wednesday 13 February 2013

Canadians as Peacekeepers



 

   
This photograph is a sign of peace.
I chose this image because i think it represents a lot of what Canada stands for and what we as Canadians believe in.

I think this picture represents Canada's Identity because we as Peacekeepers, are maintaining the peace within our country and are trying to spread the peace around the world for a happier place to live.
 Part of Canada's reputation is a peacekeeping nation.
This shows the sacrifices we as Canadians made during the war as our attempt to keep the peace!
Therefore, I think this represents Canada's Identity.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Riley,

    You have clearly explained why you selected a peace sign. I wonder if, by the end of the course, you will still see Canadians as peacekeepers. Did we join World Wars One and Two to keep peace or were there other reasons for our participation?

    Thanks for including a title and labeling your post. I especially liked that you included the label peace. You do not need to label posts with my name!

    Mrs. Le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We as Canadians joined World Wars One and Two, not only to keep peace, but because we had a strong bond with Commonwealth countries, and we felt we needed to help Britain defeat their enemies.

      Delete
    2. Riley, I agree that Canadians joined the war for other reasons besides peace. I don't think that peace was necessarily their primary motive for helping out. I think that the desire to defeat Germany et al. was most significant.

      Delete
  2. I agree because I believe that Canada is a very peaceful nation. During the war Canadians sacrificed a lot to help the British in order to keep the peace. They offered them food and weapons in order to keep their mother country strong and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very clear, you explained this very well. i now understand how peaceful canadians are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graham, I like how you are supportive of Riley's work. How do you now understand that Canadians are peaceful? You need to be more detailed.

      Delete